People vying to become operations assistant or an expert in manufacturing field know the importance of APICS (Association for operation management) certification. It is one of those organizations, which takes an individual to completely different level. APICS is a non-profitable education organization, which offers certification programs, networking opportunities and training tools for increasing the efficiency of the employees in the workplace. It came into existence in the year 1957.
There are numerous professional designations offered by APICS such as CPIM, that is ,Certification in Production and Inventory Management and then CFPIM, which is Certified Fellow in Production & Inventory Mgmt. and lastly CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional). This organization in addition to different other operations and SCM (supply chain management) organizations offers development opportunities to professionals and different organizations so that they can successfully compete effortlessly in the world economy.
Following are some of the things which you get from APICS-
• Its keeps you updated and at the same time industry savvy on different news as well as events circulating in the present times.
• Its gives you an opportunity to advance in your career.
• It enhances your SCM (supply chain management) and operations skills.
• One of the most important things it does is making you valuable leader within your organization.
Following are two certification programs offered by APICS:
APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
• The program covers the in-depth information of the organization.
• APICS CPIM certification is mandatory for thousands of employees across the world
APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) is a proven industry.
The topics are intensive and most of them cover from start to the end requirements. Beginning from first supplier and finishing at end customer. This is one of the most unique certification in the recent times.
• It ensures that supply chain professionals handle more than ever.
• You can get frequent updates on regulatory changes.
You can get more information about the upcoming programs of Supply Chain Professional @