What is payroll?
Payroll taxes are a kind of taxes that companies are needed to pay when they reimburse the salary to their staffs. Payroll taxes usually fall into two groups: these are deductions from the salary/wages of an employeeas well as taxes paid by the employer based on that salary/wages. The first kind are those taxes that companies are needed to reserve from employees’ wages, and this kind of taxes are also known as withholding tax, pay-as-you-earn tax(PAYE), or pay-as-you-go tax (PAYG) and often includes advance payment of income tax, and various insurances (with respect to joblessness and infirmity), as well as social security contributions.
The other kind is a tax that is reimbursed from employer’s contribution and that is related to employing a worker. These can comprise of fixed charges or be proportionatelyconnected to an employee’s pay. The charges are paid by the employer typically cover the employer’s funding.
The role of a payroll trained professional
Payroll is not an easy task for the inexperienced; it requires a person with solid knowledge of PAYG, retirement, as well as an empathetic of payroll tax.
Payroll Management Overview
Payroll Management can be bifurcated into two main areas namely , Payroll Accounting and Payroll Administration.
Payroll Accounting comprises of –
- Computation of employee’s earnings in consideration with the taxes and deductions
- Capturing payroll activities details
- Preparation of tax returns
Payroll Administration includes the management level activities on personnel’s payroll information, thereby complying and abiding by the employment laws enforced by the local organization, state governance and federal body.
A payroll tax consultant learns the entire payroll management for an organization. Payroll courses are available both online and in regular classroom coaching modules.
Payroll Tax Courses:
Although the course modules differ from one institution to another, however the most known and general topics covered by Payroll Tax courses are:
- Payroll Tax fundamentals and terminology
- The accountabilities of tax consultants to employees
- The duties to conform to employment laws
- Shared payroll rapports a consultant should know
- Sorting out certain usually confused payroll terms
- An overall idea about payroll taxes
- An elucidation of usual payroll and payroll tax terms (the familiaritywith the lingo is a prerequisite)
- A look at the kinds of payroll taxes one must pay, including FICA (Social Security and Medicare) tax
- Finding information on state payroll and employment taxes
- An outline of state payroll and employment taxes
- Hiring the first employee
- What a tax consultant need to do before hiring employees, incorporating how to get an Employer ID Number (EIN)
- How to sign up as an employer with the IRS
- And the details of paperwork each new employee must sign after joining a concern
- The basic points for paying employees,
- Generating employee pays records and a payroll register
- Payroll tax reports on Forms 941 and 940
- Maintaining office record for disbursing payroll taxes,
- Queries to ask yourself before setting up a payroll scheme
- How to set up a payroll tax scheme
- Setting a payroll tax calendar
- Setting up the payroll tax system of an organization,
- Payroll taxes for self-governing services
- IRS on payroll taxes
The benefits of doingPayroll Tax Courses
It is expected that after completion of Payroll tax certification courses, a participant besides learning the payroll tax nitty-gritty will be able to master overskills like
- Strong people skills
- Payroll software experience (such as MYOB)
- Strong comprehension of superannuation and PAYG
- Good information of the fair work Act
- Aptitude to work under tight deadline and toward tight deadlines
- Strong calculation skills
- Strong problemresolving skills.
1. Payroll Management: 2014 Edition by Steven M. Bragg
2. Learn QuickBooks Pro 2013 Training Video Tutorials by Simon Sez IT, LLC
3. QuickBooks Pro 2009 Basic and Advanced Complete Training (Level 1 and 2) by Amazing eLearning, LLC
For Payroll Management Program visit us
3 thoughts on “Are there courses and certifications available for Payroll?”
Saved as a favorite, I like your blog!
Thanks for posting this awesome article. I’m a long time
reader but I’ve never been compelled to leave a comment.
I subscribed to your blog and shared this on my Twitter.
Thanks again for a great article!
That is really attention-grabbing, You are an overly
professional blogger. I have joined your feed and sit up
for looking for extra of your magnificent post. Also, I’ve shared
your website in my social networks