Labor Law is one of the main business administration tools especially for bigger work units, where a number of employees work. A labor law expert is expected to mediate the professional and interactive relationship between employees and employers. For specific roles, collective labor law deals with the tripartite relationship between union, employer, and employee. Labor la includes labor welfare in its domain hence the labor law professionals is expected to work as liaison between workers and management and thus complements each other contribution for the progress of an organization.
International labor law incorporates topics in its syllabus:
International labor law programs incorporate some specific labor management coordination issues besides earning its legal issues for the welfare of labors and labor unions. However the specific labor law varies from one country to other.
- Techniques and ethicsconducting both the selection and decertification of unions
- Special focus for maintaining freedom of speech, access, and other fundamental rights of company management and labor unions
- The power to bargain under good faith,
- Professional ability to modify doctrine independently,
- Duty of proper and fair presentation,
- Monitoring compulsory dues and other payment to unions
- The bureaucratic and functional law governing “unfair labor practices,” by both employers and unions.
Labor law program-courses
There are different level courses for learning labor law program. A professional should opt for the module which goes well with his job requirement as well as his basic qualification. Generally labor law program is studied in three modules like employment law, labor law, and employment discrimination law.
Labor law-Basic course of labor law includes these topics:
- The vital human right to organize
- The prerogative of Union is organizing campaigns
- Suitable bargaining units and recognition elections
- Conducting Collective bargaining and running the bargaining with “good faith”
- Declaring Strikes and lockouts for getting attention of company management on a disputed issues,
- Implementing the collective agreement
- The union’s onus is to represent the demand of employees in a fairly moderate way.
- Occupational health and safety.
- Workplace equity.
Employment Discrimination Law usually refers to the law barringdiscernment in employment on the basis of such faces as race, sexual orientation,gender, national origin, age, religion, or disability. As this phase of law deals mainly with distinct rights and responsibilities of human individual, employment discrimination law is considered as asubsection of employment law.It is generally deemed significant enough and diverse enough in its subjects and investigation that it is kept included as its own subject area.
Employment law generally refers to the conducting individual employment agreements and specificconstitutional rights and duties. Common employment law topics comprise of:
- Founding the employment association
- The employment-at-will doctrine and exclusions to this doctrine
- Agreements not to compete
- The guard of intellectual property
- Lowest wage and extreme hour legislature
- Unemployment recompense
- Workers’ recompense
- Work-related safety and health
- Employee superannuation income safety
Labor Law programs coversome Specialized Topics
- Labor and employment Arbitration
- Labor and employment law drafting
- Wages and Hour Law
- Works, the changing economy, and the law,
- Antidiscrimination Law.
- Civil Rights,
- Employment related dispute resolution,
- Administrative law and government resolution.
The benefits for availing Labor law courses
Human Resource professionals and other professionals looking building and maintainingcapability and establishment in employment law practices will enjoy benefit from the Employment Law Program. Experienced, as well as newly appointed, professionals from HR field will be benefitedfrom pursuing these workshops.
The Employment Law Certificate Program s focus on the latest information and techniques as well as practical suggestions for successful coordination and implementation is workplace. After completing this program, memberscan expect to have necessary knowledge and contextual expertise to work more efficiently in the arena of HR Employment Law.
For more details Click Here