Software testing is getting increasingly popular these days because use of software has become quite popular and all business houses need to test run almost all software to estimate their competency and proper functionality. Certifications in Software Testing courses are meant for providing business and professional insight in testing all type of software applications by using all sorts of recommended tools and techniques. This professional certification helps for professionals in achieving international standard of skills and knowledge for software testers.
The role of a software tester
The role of a software tester is quite versatile and encompasses lots of responsibilities; the responsibilities include reviewing and testing software modules, reviewing, assessing, and analyzing requirements as well as designing specifications. However different aspects of the role of a software tester involve activities like:
- A software tester assists system administration and network managers in setting up test environments
- A software tester implements and logs the tests assess the result, and notes down the problem if anything similar is found.
- A software tester monitors the testing process as well as the testing environment with the help of the tools by gathering metrics.
- A software tester is expected to test program cycle in accordance to test specifications, trouble reports, and test run results.
Different training modules in Certifications in Software Testing
There are mostly five levels of software testing skill development. These are foundation certificate, intermediate certificate, Advanced level of certification, Certification for agile tester, and Certification for expert level. Let’s get into the details of each level.
This is the basic level of certification in software testing. The qualified candidates from this round can pursue the higher level of training as well as work as a professional tester in two fields of testing. These two are:
- ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level
This level of certification is suitable for those testers having a keen interest in understanding the basic ideas of software testing.
- TMMi Professional level
TMMI stands for Test Maturity Model integration (TMMi) Professional Certification: this course is designed by TMMi Foundation and BCS in corporate partnership.
Intermediate level in Software Testing
The level of training is suitable for those professional who are keen to learn advanced course of software testing, regardless their specialization either in test management or in test analysis.
Advanced level certification
The Advanced level certificationin Software Testing is a component of the internationally recognized ISTQB software testing system and the exams are designed being based on the ISTQB syllabus.
Certified Agile tester
Certified Agile tester is an advanced level Certifications in Software Testing conducted by a joint venture of BCS and International Software Quality Institute (iSQI GmbH).
Expert level certification
The Expert Level certification in software testing module lengthens the knowledge and experience acquired at the Advanced Level by learning detailed, reality-oriented certifications within a vivid range of dissimilar testing subjects.
Benefits of Software Testing Certifications
Certifications in Software Testing courses are availed by professionals for basically 4 benefits. These are:
- This professional course adds more competitive approach for an IT professional in his job search with global exposure, with excellent career path and highly remunerative career.
- Increases international credibility as an IT professional and initiated better success in career,
- It provides a well-defined career path that is in great demand these days and that ensures better professional benefits,
- Chance of working in highly competitive working environment and that ensures overall growth for the candidates pursued the certification course.
- Chance of quick promotion, corporate exposure, and fat pay package are the immediate facilities which are enjoyed by professionals with Certifications in Software Testing.
Mainly four types of software testing certifications are in demand in market. These are:
1) CSTE- stands for “Certified Software Test Engineer”. CSTE is a standard certification program for Testers and Mangers that will highlight on professional aptitude and best practices in quality control mainly in IT industry.
2) CSTP-CSTP stands for “Certified Software Test Professional”. This certification was initiated by International Institute for Software Testing (IIST) in the year 1991 and is being acknowledged for providing the specialized skill set for software application testing.
3) CTM-CTM stands for “Certified Test Manager”. This certification is meant to offer support for test managers and senior testers for handling the test projects by improving their managerial aptitude.
4) QTP Certification from HP – This is designed for QuickTest professionals who aspire to achieving mastery in HP testing tools.
For Software certification courses visit us.